As fans anxiously await for official news from Warner Bros.’ upcoming Justice League movie, unverified rumors regarding both characters and the plot continue to appear online. The latest rumor to surface comes courtesy of the folks over at Cosmic Book News who claim to have received the information from a source within DC Entertainment. While some of these details have already been assumed for some time, the rumor does include the first mention that both Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are slated to appear in the film.
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
While Warner Bros. has yet to announce a director for the film, screenwriter Will Beale is currently writing the script which is reportedly inspired by Gerry Conway’s 3-issue story arc (#183-185) from “Justice League of America” entitled, “Crisis on New Genesis or Where Have All the New Gods Gone?”
via [Cosmic Book News]